When You Have A Child With Special Needs
Work With An Attorney Who Has Stood In Your Shoes
Parents of children with special needs understand the unconditional love and indescribable joy these children can bring to a family. If you are the parent of a disabled child, you also know that the road ahead will not be easy for your child. You would do anything in your power to protect your child, but even determining where to start can be daunting and stressful.
At MARVEL & WONG, PLLC, in San Antonio, helping parents care for the health and well-being of their children with special needs is something we hold close to our hearts. Attorney Karen Marvel is not only a board-certified specialist in family law with decades of legal experience, but also the proud mother of a son diagnosed with autism. She does not have to imagine what it is like to deal with the challenges you face on a daily basis. She has struggled with many of the same or similar issues.
“Under Texas law, child support obligations for children with disabilities run indefinitely. The obligation to provide financial assistance does not end when a child turns 18.”
Your Child Is Special | Your Plan Must Respond To His Or Her Unique Needs
As the parent of a child with special needs, our lawyer is in a unique position to help you protect your child. Over the past 15-plus years, she has devoted significant time raising awareness for autism and advocating for important policy changes. Attorney Karen Marvel knows how to successfully navigate government and other administrative systems and put in place the legal protections your child needs.
We will use our resources and our extensive network to:
- Help you obtain and enforce child support orders
- Collect unpaid child support for the benefit of disabled minors and adults
- Specially craft child custody and visitation agreements that addresses the unique needs of your child
- Assist with long-term care planning
- Establish a special needs trust that does not interfere with government benefits such as Medicaid
- Find programs and classes that can help you deal with a new diagnosis
- Connect you with specific medical and educational professionals who can help your child
We Welcome All Calls From Parents With Special Needs Children
Our goal is to help you ensure that you have the right legal tools in place and access to the professionals you need to help care for your child. Please call our office at 210-201-1630 or send us your information if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation with our lawyer.