Do You Own Valuable Property Or Complex Assets?
Protect Your Financial Interests With Our Board-Certified Family Law Attorney
With more than 100 years of combined experience in family law, MARVEL & WONG, PLLC is well-equipped to handle divorces involving complex property division. Attorney Karen Marvel was recognized in Texas Monthly in 2008-2017 as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service) and certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in family law. Colleagues often seek her advice and ask her to testify as an expert in complex cases. In 2013, attorney Brandon Wong was selected for inclusion in the list of Rising Stars in San Antonio.
Call our office in San Antonio at 210-201-1630 to learn more about your property rights in a divorce.
We Understand The Nuances Of Complex Property Division
Dividing assets and liabilities is about much more than properly classifying them as separate or community property. All property must be adequately appraised and the right steps must be taken to avoid costly problems down the road.
Property is not classified as separate simply because one spouse’s name is on the deed or title. Community property law considers the nature of the property, when it was acquired and how improvements were made.
We have the knowledge and skill necessary to understand and handle the related special circumstances involving:
- Business valuation, including protecting the business interests, defining the proportionate share owned by the marital estate and compensating the spouse
- Tracing oil and gas mineral rights and interests
- Retirement accounts
- Stocks, deferred compensation and investment portfolios
- Evaluation and disposition of the marital home
- Mortgages and other debts
- Vacation properties or second homes
- Real estate investments
- Vehicles, antiques, jewelry and other valuable assets
- Gifts and inheritance
- Prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
Protect Your Financial Interests | Talk To MARVEL & WONG, PLLC
Trust that your divorce is handled by a law firm that has the necessary legal experience and qualifications to protect your financial interests. Contact our law office at 210-201-1630 to schedule your free initial consultation. You may also complete a confidential form online and send us your information.