Family Law
Child Support
Child Support Collections
Child Custody

When You Need To Enforce Your Visitation Rights

Child custody and visitation are very important for unwed parents and those who are going through a divorce. A considerable amount of time is often spent deciding who will have legal and physical custody of the child and drafting visitation agreements. Even the best laid plan does no one any good unless it is followed.

MARVEL & WONG, PLLC can help you enforce your child visitation rights in San Antonio and all of the surrounding counties. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience in family law and have helped many families resolve their visitation issues either through mediation or litigation.

Any Deviation Can Be Considered A Violation Of Visitation Rights

The terms of a custody and visitation agreement set the schedule and the expectations for a co-parenting relationship. Parents can agree to bend or break the rules, but one parent cannot do this unilaterally. When they do, the other parent can enforce the terms of the agreement.

Many minor disputes or deviations from the plan may be resolved through mediation or even open communication. Cases involving a parent who refuses to play nice or repeatedly ignores the rules may need to be resolved in court.

Any minor deviation can be considered a violation, including:

  • Failure to exchange the children at the designated time or place
  • Keeping a child beyond the allotted time period
  • Showing up randomly when it is the other parent’s time with the child
  • Calling frequently during the other parent’s time with the child
  • Withholding important information about school or extra-curricular activities
  • Allowing an unauthorized third party to make the exchange
  • Taking the child without notifying the other parent
  • Disparaging the other parent in the attempt to alienate him or her
  • Participating in activities or behaving in such a way that it puts the child’s safety or well-being at risk

Do Not Take Action On Your Own | Consult With A Lawyer First

As noted above, some matters can be handled amicably. If you have already tried talking to the other parent or the two of you have a history of conflict, do not take any action on your own. Contact MARVEL & WONG, PLLC for guidance. We offer free initial consultations. Call us at 210-201-1630 or send us an email.

What Our Clients Say

Ms. Marvel has assisted me regarding child support issues for the last 3 years. She is very knowledgeable in child support issues in Texas and also across state lines such as California. She came highly recommended to me by a fellow attorney, the highest compliment she can receive in my opinion. She is professional, responsive and gets the job done. Her staff is very helpful, returns calls and Karen and her staff are responsive to issues that arise. I highly recommend Karen Marvel to anyone seeking a family law attorney in Texas.
Karen Marvel is an excellent family lawyer, who presented at a legal conference I attended. I learned valuable information and tools from her that I now use to help my own clients. After the conference, I've called on her a few times when I needed her expertise in child support matters, and she was always willing to help. She is extremely well-respected in our legal community, and I highly recommend her services.
I recently hired Megan to represent me in my divorce. She was very easy to work with, responsive, and efficient. I was extremely impressed with her timeliness and was overall very pleased with her work. I would recommend her if looking for a divorce attorney...
I was very pleased with Megan's performance in court. She has been a blessing in our lives and single handedly changed our lives for the better . It was a very difficult case on my end and was brilliant with negotiations with OAG. I will always be grateful to Megan and wish the best of luck in future cases...
When I needed a lawyer I asked my coworkers for their recommendations. Three of my coworkers recommended Brandon Wong and they were very satisfied with his services. I contacted Brandon and he handled my divorce in a timely and efficient manner...
I have felt so important to Brandon since the day we first met. I had a million questions and worries, Brandon made me feel informed of all possibilities and confident in him.
Meeting you and having your professional and emotional help during the process of my divorce has definitely been invaluable. In the professional aspect, you are not only a brilliant attorney but you are reasonable, just, and fair. During the process of my divorce I found myself completely...
Brandon represented me in a child custody matter. He is professional, educated, informative and provided his services in an economical manner. He worked to obtain a settlement outside of the courtroom. When the case required a visit to court, his experience guided me through smoothly and ultimately delivered the decision in my favor...
Please don't hesitate to hire Brandon Wong. He genuinely cares about his clients. He protects his clients, he returns calls and e-mails, which is critical when you are in a situation where you need an attorney...
I would recommend Mr. Wong for his professional services. He was very attentive to my case, returning phone calls and emails before the end of every business day...
Brandon handled my divorce in a first class manner. He was always available to talk when I had questions or needed advice. He was a relentless lawyer and ensured that the settlement was fair and just...
I highly recommend Mr. Wong if you are looking for an honest and hardworking attorney who is more interested in properly representing his clients than making a quick dollar...
We received excellent legal help from Brandon Wong. Our family had a custody issue that had us spinning our wheels for a year due to the complexity. Brandon handled our case quickly and with heart. We felt genuinely cared for during the entire process and will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs legal help...
Brandon handled my divorce and made it easier than I could have imagined. He took care of everything, totally minimized the stress on me, and was extremely professional while remaining very approachable and compassionate...
Hired Mr. Wong to represent me on a child-support arrears enforcement case. Dad was ordered to pay child-support in 1991, and up until my daughter turned 18 years of age...

Read All Client

Accolades & Achievements

Brandon, Karen, Megan Are Proud To Have Achieved The Following Legal Accolades for Exemplary Legal Service.

*Karen Marvel was recognized in Texas Monthly in 2008-2019 as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service)

**Karen Marvel is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization